Benefits of becoming a NHS Dance Arts Member
Build your experience! Include your membership and points chart in your portfolio, scholarship packets, and/or resumes for college or dance employment.
- Recognition in the Dance Department production programs
- Certificate of membership
- Honor cord and pin to wear at graduation
- Eligibility for NDEO’s Artistic Merit, Leadership and Academic Achievement Award
- Other activities, events, and honors sponsored by the DSA NHSDA
For Acceptance into National Honors Society for Dance Artists.
1. You may start earning points beginning your ninth grade year.
2. Record your points using the chart making sure to have your supervisor/director sign off on your work. Start a new chart for each year of school.
3. Bring $30.00 membership dues and your chart in to Ms. Dunn once you have totaled 30 points to be reviewed for membership.
* Only 10 points from activities outside of DSA may be counted for membership. For each activity you must complete a “Verification of Off-Site Activity” form. A new form should be completed for every 45 hours of outside dance classes. Additional outside points may be submitted for seals on your certificate.
**Dues are paid only once, pending your induction, and cover your induction fee, honor cord, and honor pin.
4. Once you are accepted, continue to record your points for additional stars on your certificate. Include your points chart in your portfolio, scholarship packets, and/or resumes for college or dance employment!